The one thing about keto that makes it hardest for me is the lack of crunchy snacks. The thing I miss the most is tortilla chips, jalapeno kettle chips, BBQ chips – all the chips. It’s hard, even impossible, to replicate chips in any form, except for with pepperoni. These are even a great snack option for non-keto people. Just buy a pack of your favorite pepperoni or salami and after baking them for a couple minutes you end up with no carb chips!
These pepperoni chips are definitely some of our favorite snacks for dipping or just eating on their own.
For many people snacking is almost innate – it’s a part of who they are and there is nothing wrong with that. It is just important to make sure the snacks you choose fit into your daily macros or don’t make you feel bad. You also want something to satisfy your cravings and relatively easy to make! If you are anything like us and love savory snacks that take less than 5 minutes to make these pepperoni chips will fit perfectly into your snacking lifestyle!
- 4 oz Sandwich Style Pepperoni
- Turn your oven on to broil.
- Line a baking sheet with a silicone mat or parchment paper or leave it unlined (it will only be in the oven for 2 minutes). Layer the pepperoni slices in a single layer along the baking sheet.
- Bake for 1 1/2 to 2 minutes. Keep on eye on them as they brown along the edges.
- Transfer from baking sheet to a plate and allow to cool for 10 minutes. Pepperoni will harden. Serve and enjoy!
- You can use any pepperoni or salami you want to make the chips, but the nutrition will vary.