This is the BEST baked chicken recipe! The chicken was so tender, moist and juicy.
Chicken breasts are dipped in beaten eggs and cracker crumbs, then baked with butter. These chicken breasts are really tender and moist. Excellent flavor! I never have leftovers
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup crushed Ritz crackers or similar butter crackers
- 1/2 cup butter, cut into pieces
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Lightly spray a 9×13 baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- Place crushed crackers in a medium size shallow bowl, add garlic salt and pepper – mix. Place eggs (beaten) in another separate medium size shallow bowl. Dip one chicken breast at a time in the eggs coating well, then dredge in the cracker crumbs, coating well on all sides. Place chicken breasts side-by-side in baking dish. *Top chicken evenly with pieces of butter.
- Bake on middle rack of oven for 40 to 45 minutes or until chicken is ready and internal temperature has reached a safe minimum 165 degree F internal temperature.
- Serve with your favorite veggies, rice, potatoes, salad and more. Enjoy!
- *The recipe calls for placing the butter around the chicken, but I opted to place the butter on top of the chicken – it turned out wonderful! Add your favorite poultry seasonings for extra flavor (garlic/onion powder and more).