This Creamy Chicken Tortellini Soup Recipe is a cozy blend of chicken, vegetables, spice, cheese, and tortellini in a thin creamy broth. Lightened-up!
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large sweet onion peeled and chopped
- 1 red bell pepper seeded and chopped
- 2 cups carrots sliced
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- 1 1/4 pounds boneless skinless chicken breast 2 large breasts
- 9 cups chicken broth
- 8.8 ounce package, DeLallo Three-Cheese Tortellini Pasta
- 1/4 – 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons packed frozen spinach 1/2 cup fresh baby spinach leaves
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped parsley
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried thyme leaves 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- Salt and pepper
- Place a large sauce pot over medium heat. Add the olive oil and chopped onions. Saute for 3 minutes to soften. Then add the chopped bell pepper, carrots, and garlic. Saute another 3 minutes.
- Add whole raw chicken breasts, chicken broth, dried thyme, crushed red pepper, 1 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper to the pot. Bring to a simmer. Lower the heat a little and simmer 15 minutes, until the chicken in cooked through. Remove the chicken and place on a cutting board.
- Get full recipe==>>aspicyperspective.com