This savory low-carb keto breakfast casserole works well as a breakfast, brunch, or dinner.
- 1 (12 oz.) package breakfast sausage
- 12 large eggs
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon Frank’s Red Hot Sauce
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp. green onions, sliced, optional garnish
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add sausage, breaking meat apart with a wooden spoon, and cook until meat is thoroughly cooked and no longer pink, about 5-7 minutes. Spread the cooked sausage over the bottom of a 9×13-inch casserole dish.
- Add eggs to a large bowl and whisk. Whisk in the cream, hot sauce, and shredded cheddar cheese. Pour the egg mixture over the sausage and spread evenly.
- Bake until firm and cooked through, 30 to 40 minutes.