This Mango black bean quinoa salad is a light, healthy, and filling salad. Hearty quinoa and black beans, crisp red peppers, green onions, and cilantro all covered in an easy olive oil vinaigrette dressing. It’s also great for lunch too!
- 2 cups cooked quinoa, at room temperature or chilled
- 1 can (15 oz) black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 mango, peeled and diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 3 tablespoon red wine vinegar or white wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice (about 1 small lime)
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large bowl combine the cooked quinoa, mango, red pepper, green onion, black beans, and cilantro.
- In a small bowl combine vinegar, olive oil, lime juice, salt, and pepper and stir with a fork or a whisk. Pour on top of salad. Stir to combine. Chill the salad for at least one hour before serving.
- For an easy way to cut mango: I peel the skin with a vegetable peeler and then slice down (with the mango vertical) on both sides. The middle of a mango is rough and hard, so you want to only cut the sides. It’s just like an apple when you cut around the core, the mango is similar to that.
- To get 2 cups cooked quinoa. Combine 1 cup dry quinoa + 2 cups chicken broth (for more flavor) in a saucepan over high heat. Bring to a boil and then cover with lid and turn heat down to low for about 20 minutes. Fluff with a fork.