Thai inspired pasta that will leave you with only one dish to clean! One Pot Thai Peanut Pasta is what I had for dinner this week! I just love pad thai, but I wasn’t quite ready to dive into the real thing. So I decided to take an interpretive (and really easy) route instead.
Thai Peanut Pasta:
- 12 oz. linguine
- 4 C. vegetable broth
- 1/4 C. water
- 4 cloves garlic diced
- 2 inches of a ginger root sliced into 1/4 inch slices (keep them large b/c you’ll need to find them again)
- 1 large carrot peeled and cut in 1/4 inch by 2 inch pieces
- 1 red bell pepper cut in 1/4 inch by 2 inch pieces
- 4 green onions sliced in half lengthwise and then in 2 inch pieces
- 1 C. roasted salted peanuts
- 2 Tbsp. peanut butter smooth or crunchy will work
- 1/2 tsp. red pepper flakes more if you want to really spicy
- 1 Tbsp. soy sauce and/or fish sauce, if desired
- 1Tbsp. tamarind paste This is from the original recipe, I couldn’t find it so I left it out
After Pasta Cooks:
- juice of two limes
- 1 C. cilantro chopped
- chopped peanuts to garnish
- Place all pasta ingredients in a large pot and bring to a boil.
- Reduce to a simmer and cook for 10 minutes or until the pasta is al dente.
- Cover during cooking if you want to keep more liquid.
- Get full recipe==>>yourcupofcake.com